Transfer of Credits from Non-Regionally Accredited Colleges

All transfer credit from non-regionally accredited Colleges will be individually evaluated by the Dean of the College in which the student is seeking a degree. Transfer credit will be granted only when:

  1. The student has completed a minimum of 12 semester hours at Morehead State University and achieved a minimum GPA of 2.0.
  2. The course being transferred corresponds to one offered in the Morehead State University Undergraduate Catalog in effect at the time the transfer is sought.
  3. The student has earned a grade of "C" or higher in the course for which transfer credit is being sought.
  4. The course was taught by an instructor whose academic credentials meet the Commission on Colleges (SACS) requirements (e.g., generally, at least the Master degree in the teaching field with 18 graduate hours in the teaching field). Credit for transfer which was earned more than 10 years before transfer is sought may not be applicable to current degree or licensure requirements. For a review, see the dean of the college in which the transfer is sought.

For more detailed information regarding the transfer policy for both regionally and non-regionally accredited colleges, visit UAR 100 at