The Office of Student Housing offers positive life experiences through community involvement, leadership opportunities, educational programming, and service to others. All students who are not 21-years-old or have not completed 60 credit hours are required to live in University housing. Those students commuting from the permanent home address of their parent/guardian located within 50 driving miles of the main campus or who have other specific life circumstances must file a housing/dining waiver with the Office of Student Housing to be exempt from this requirement. Upon approval, a student will be allowed to commute and not be responsible for housing/dining fees.

Application for on-campus student housing is completed online via the MyMoreheadState portal after completion of enrollment deposit. Once the application is complete, instructions and information about how to select a room is sent to your MSU email account. Room selection times are awarded based on the date and time of completed applications so you are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Students needing living accommodations during university breaks must reside in designated break housing.

For current fee information, application instructions, and to access the On-Campus Residency Policy, contact the Office of Student Housing, Morehead State University, 001 Fields Hall, Morehead, KY 40351, telephone 606-783-2060, fax 606-783-5062, or http://www.moreheadstate.edu/success/Housing.

Vehicle Registration

A valid Morehead State University parking permit is required for any motor vehicle or motorcycle operated on the campus. Registration and fee information is available from the Traffic Office of the MSU Police Department, 100 Laughlin Health Building, 606-783-2220 or online at www.moreheadstate.edu/police.